As is the case for CEI·MAR, EIDEMAR is an alliance of universities led by the University of Cádiz; this alliance includes the universities of Almería, Huelva, Granada and Málaga, as well as the Universidade do Algarve de Portugal and the university Abdelmalek Essaâdi de Tangier-Tetouan (Morocco).Similarly, EIDEMAR’s collaborating institutions include the Instituto Español de Oceanografía (IEO), the Instituto de Ciencias Marinas de Andalucía, which is dependent on CSIC (ICMAN-CSIC), the Instituto Andaluz de Investigación y Formación Agraria, Pesquera, Alimentaria y de la Producción Ecológica, which is dependent on the regional Andalusian ministry of agriculture, fishing and the environment (IFAPA), the Real Observatorio de la Armada (ROA), the Instituto Hidrográfico de la Marina (IHM), the Instituto Andaluz de Ciencias de la Tierra (IACT-CSIC), the Centro de Arqueología Subacuática, which is dependent on the Instituto Andaluz del Patrimonio Histórico (Andalusian ministry of culture and sports; CAS-IAPH) and the National Museum of Subaquatic Archaeology (Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports; ARQUA).At present, the Doctoral programmes on offer are supplied by the University of Cadiz. For this reason, to date, the governance of the school has followed a simplified model, and has exclusively depended on staff from the University of Cadiz. EIDEMAR’s steering committee is composed of EIDEMAR’s director, academic secretary and the coordinators of the Doctoral programmes:
- Fidel Echevarría Navas. Professor of Ecology (UCA). Director of EIDEMAR.
- J. Adolfo Chica Ruiz. Professor Area of Regional Geographic Analysis (UCA). Academic Secretary of EIDEMAR.
- Laureana Rebordinos González. Professor of Genetics (UCA). Coordinator of the Doctorate Program in “Marine Science and Technology”.
- .Laura Martín Díaz. Professor of thof Chemistry-Physics (UCA). Coordinator of the Doctorate Program in “Management and Conservation of the Sea”.
- Dario Bernal Casasola. Professor of Archeology (UCA). Coordinator of the Doctorate Program in “History and Marine Archeology”.
- Juan Miguel Mancera Romero. Professor in Zoology (UCA). Coordinator of the ‘Recursos Marinos’ programme.
The seat of EIDEMAR is Edificio Hospital Real, in Cadiz’s historical centre.
Address: Plaza de Falla, 8, 11002 Cádiz