Matriculation in said Master’s degrees will follow the usual protocols of the University of Cádiz, which are described in the following link http://www.uca.es/posgrado/portal.do?IDM=32&NM=2
News will be advertised on the web of the Nautical and Underwater Archaeology area of CEI·MAR (http://arqueologianauticaysubacuatica.uca.es/formacion/master/matricula/)
Master’s in Nautical and Underwater Archaeology
From 2016-2017, the University of Cádiz and CEI·MAR will offer an official Master’s Programme in Nautical and Underwater Archaeology (60 ECTS), which is aimed at national and international students, especially those from Maghreb and Latin America – areas with which the University of Cádiz has a consolidated relationship. The target of these programmes is to prepare two kinds of specialists to work in archives, museums, management bodies, private companies, universities, research centres, etc.:
- Researchers and field technicians in underwater archaeology
- Researchers in maritime history.
Students will receive theoretical and practical training of the highest quality, thanks to the participation of national and international experts.
- MODULE 1 – 30 ECTS – Provides theoretical information on research techniques for any historical period, and the most important events and processes in maritime history.
- MODULE 2 – 18 ECTS – An eminently practical module, to be carried out in UCA or one of its associated institutions. It includes:
- Underwater archaeological research seasons (the oceanographic vessel UCADIZ will be involved).
- Research and practical learning in archives, museums and other management institutions.
- MODULE 3 – 12 ECTS – Master’s dissertation.
All information on the degree is available at http://arqueologianauticaysubacuatica.uca.es/formacion/master/